Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sneak Preview of "Critique Day"


I bet you thought I was going to leave you hanging on my cavemen piece, "Critique Day", didn't you? Well never fear. It is underway and I am positively loving everything from the composition, down to the value and color. I was working... well, just a second ago at 11pm, before I shot this sneak peak for you! It's gonna be a beaut!

By the way, in case you were wondering, I'm working with oil on canvas rather than board as I had originally decided. The texture of the canvas really works out great for subject matter like this. Color palette: Titanium white, cad. yellow, raw sienna, burnt sienna, alizarin crimson, cad. red medium, burnt umber, cobalt blue, sap green. Mediums: Galkyd light when I want something to dry fast, and stand oil the rest of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment