Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Watercolor Studies



I decided I had some time before bed tonight, so I did an extra little project. I follow James Gurney, of Dinotopia fame, and his fantastic blog daily. Today (er, yesterday, it's 12:18am) he posted a site that compiles random Google map photos of places all over Earth, called Map Crunch. It can give you a more varied feel of the places you want to visit. He then suggested doing little thumbnail watercolors that take no longer than 10 minutes to complete. I did have a blast doing them! Each took no longer than 10 minutes, and as long as that sounds, I wanted to spruce them up more. But the point was to be quick and get to the point (and be looser with the paint and have more fun). From top to bottom, left to right you are looking at Diamond Peak, New Zealand; Morelos, Mexico; Saint-Livres, Switzerland; and South Qu'Appelle, Canada!

No comments:

Post a Comment