Sunday, February 13, 2011

Rug Competition





Here's my submission for a recent call for entries to the annual Hagopian Rug Competition. Hagopian Rugs makes high quality rugs here in Detroit and they annually invite College for Creative Studies students to submit designs.

The theme this year was the spirit of Michigan, and to me, the lakes are what make this my home. Growing up on Lake Michigan we were always going to the beach, listening to the jet skis and seagulls; in the winter we would sit in the parking lot and watch the waves crash against the lighthouse, and every spring my siblings and I would see who would jump in the lake first (when we were younger it was sometimes in March or April!) I'm all about the lakes. My design is meant to be the sun set sparkling on the waves lapping up to shore. Mmmmm. Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment