Tuesday, June 21, 2011

New Painting- Sisters of the Light

Here's a peek at a value study I've been working on.

When I was younger, I was a huge fan of the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind, and my favorite has always been the second book called Stone of Tears. In that particular book, our hero and newly budding wizard Richard is taken away from his love to a place called the Palace of Prophets to help him learn how to use his magic- or he will die from it. He is taken away by these women called the Sisters of the Light, and although we learn they are in fact some of the good guys, in this book they are initially presented as a powerful force with mysterious pasts and even more mysterious ways. Their judgement is sometimes clouded by a strong belief in prophecy, and there are certainly religious overtones with their belief in the Creator and the Light. Anyway. I loved those books, and I decided to get inspired by revisiting them and doing a piece related to the three sisters that travel to find Richard. Besides, it gives me an excuse to paint pretty girls and horses. What could be wrong with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment