Friday, July 22, 2011

Finished Stepping Stones and new painting



So here is the finished Stepping Stones piece! I'm going to let it sit me with me for a couple days and then decide if there is something else that needs to be done to it.

In the meantime, here is the next piece I'm starting. It's a Catalonian (Spanish) myth about a water nymph type creature who lives in fresh water and can turn water into blackbirds. Now, magical or otherwise, I have no idea why you would ever want/need to turn water into blackbirds, but it sounded like a cool illustration! This is a value study. But I'm telling you- I need a bigger scanner! It took me 10 scans to get the whole 28x36" drawing!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Emily! I am totally in love with the Catalonian myth design. It's stunning!
    And the stepping stone piece resolved very nicely. That leg is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily---- I'm going to have to agree with Beth on this. Both are looking great, but I'm very excited about the new design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my god Emily... talk about massive improvement within a short time.. my jaw is hurting due to hitting the ground after going through 4 floors at my sisters apartment complex

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the idea for the next piece,water=birds haha. Also the Nymphs gesture is perfect! The stepping stone piece really came together and I STILL LOVE THE COLOR PALETTE.

    ReplyDelete