Friday, August 12, 2011

Steampunk Dirigible


Hey there, thought I'd update all-a-ya'lls on what I'm going to work on next. Nothing is seriously finalized yet, just some sketches and some ideas floating around in my head. It's going to be more of a children's piece in a sort of a Russian, steampunk, dirigible/wooden ship kind of way. But at it's core it's going to be something more simple: kids just want to catch clouds in a bottle. I mean, I always wanted to. I would imagine being allowed to stick my head out of a plane window so I could gather up the fluffy stuff in a jar, and just keep it there like cotton candy for the eyes. So... I'm just exploring my own ideas from childhood for a children's piece.

Anyway, this is a page from my sketchbook (ha! like I'm devoted to just one at any given time. There's seriously about 10 lying around), which is typical of my thought processes for any piece. Also, I know for sure I'm using my brother as a youngster as reference. Seriously there has never been, nor ever will be, a cuter kid on the face of the planet. Look well readers, you are looking at the cutest human ever. I hope I do him justice.



No comments:

Post a Comment