Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven"


Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" is one of his most famous poems. In it, a raven drives the narrator crazy by only repeating, "Nevermore" which rhymes with the narrator's lost love Lenore. The raven is perched on a bust of Pallas Athena (only referred to Pallas in the poem). Done in Photoshop CS5 featuring, again of course, the lovely Wacom Intuos 4 tablet and pen. This only took me about 5 or 6 hours from concept to completion.

Next up for big projects, I think I'll be traditionally (with oil paint) tackling Moby Dick! Think about it... white whale, coming up out of the gloom of a dark green sea.... aswdvielbws!!! It gives me the willies! On a side note, giant squid coming out of the gloom of the ocean is one of my worst fears. Actually, anything coming out of the fogginess of the water. But, at the same time... mmm glazes of dark green over the whale... could be cool!

1 comment:

  1. Lovin' the digital work! I'm really pumped for your next piece. I don't like giant animals coming out of the foggy water either...Eeee...-.-'

    ReplyDelete