Monday, June 7, 2010

The Ludington Show: Dr. Bill Anderson

Recently I met with another one of Ludington's finest, Dr. Bill Anderson. Dr. Anderson has in previous years been Westshore Community College's president, and he has done a lot of work in support of the arts (he knew about the College for Creative Studies which is a first for anyone around here that I've talked to!). In addition, Dr. Anderson is an avid historian. He has one of the largest private collections of Tiger's baseball memoribilia. His basement is literally a small museum of signed baseball bats, photographs, and even some of the old Tiger lockers! More importantly for the area though, Dr. Anderson has an extensive knowledge of Ludington's logging history, given that his grandfather used to be a logger in the area. He will be adding to White Pine Village (just like Greenfield village for you eastern Michiganers) an original logging site, which is truely a remarkable find in this day and age! For these reasons, I can understand why he was so instantly recommended to me to be included in the show. Keep up the great work, Doctor!

Here are my color studies, and what I've begun today. The skin tone I'm going with this time is a base of cadmium yellow, cadmium red, and some ultramarine blue. I think it will be a nice contrast of warmth to the sort of cooler warmth of the Mayor portrait. The cadmium yellow and red are warmer than the lemon yellow and majenta of the Mayor portrait.


You can see that as I went I got tired as I did the studies.


Coming along well! Maybe I'll even finish tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment